Nikolai Weibull said:
> with parsing emails from usenet.  would it be possible for someone to
> take care of this?

My $.02 = Attempting to hide all the emails does more harm than good... it
really only makes it harder for people to contact you who have a genuine
reason to do so (i.e. - with a Ruby question).  As far as spam goes, not
publishing your email address certainly helps, but the first time a friend
or relative sends you an electronic "greeting card" you're sunk.

Perhaps the effort would be better spent on improving anti-spam systems...
Personally, I find the Bayesian-ish approach of bogofilter to be quite
good.  I catch ~100 spams per day & only one or two get through.  More
attention (and contributions) to projects like this would improve the
situation much more than going through web archives & mangling email
addresses.

-Ryan

--
Ryan Dlugosz