In Message-Id: <1066740248.9552.19.camel / traken>
Jim Weirich <jweirich / one.net> writes:

> Also, I seem to recall that some parser generators have problems with
> infinite recursion when the expansion is first (as in (1)), but I'm not
> sure I see the problem here.

Yes, in theory LL(1) parser doesn't treat left-recursive rules, so you
can't give such rule for LL(1) parser generators such as cocorb.

On the contrary, since LALR(1) parser tend to be small for
left-recursive rules, samples for LALR(1) parser generators such as
yacc or racc are often written in left-recursive manner.

> As I said, its been a long time since I looked at this stuff.

Me also, thus the description above may be wrong or contain false info.

--
kjana / dm4lab.to                               October 22, 2003
So many men, so many minds.