Hi,

In message "Re: Outdated page(s) on ruby-lang.org?"
    on 03/10/21, "Sean O'Dell" <sean / celsoft.com> writes:

|Matz, how "alive" is Ruby there in Japan?  I have always felt that it's
|perfectly fine if Ruby is slow to gain ground here, so long as it's growing
|very healthy *somewhere* in the world.  How is it faring over there?

How do I measure "alive"-ness?

I see many books related with Ruby here in Japan (36? 38? I'm not
sure).  I admit there are more books about Java and PHP, but still we
outnumber Python books.  We see a lot of web servers running Ruby
application, especially tDiary, which is one of Ruby's killer
applications.

I have been asked for presentation here and there all over the world.
Even too many times so that often I had to say no.  I think Ruby is
"alive" pretty well.

Regarding "success", I am paid for Ruby development itself, where
Larry and Guide are not.  This is most important for me.

							matz.