Hi,

> I've been receiving a lot of Swen emails to my ruby-talk address
> lately.
> This mailing alias is rather new and so my guess is that this list is
> actively being harvested for emails.  Is there something we can do to
> fix this?  This is getting boring, my email bandwidth quota is being
> eaten by these goddam 150kb emails.

That's because this list is mirrored to usenet (see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.lang.ruby
) with all email addresses intact. I also find this annoying, and
wasn't aware of the fact when I subscribed (probably because I didn't
read the fine print).

Possible solutions, none of which I find appealing:
- Stop mirroring the list to usenet: Would keep usenet users from
participating
- Remove email addresses from posts before mirroring: Makes it harder
to reply off-list
- Set up another list that isn't mirrored
- Use the list via usenet using a fake email address

Cheers,
-Ralph.