Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
> W liie z czw, 16-10-2003, godz. 02:14, James Britt pisze:
>

>>And if you really want to trap such calls you can override 'send':
>

> And then if someone really wants to invoke a private method, he will
> just add a public forwarding method.
>
> You could try to protect against all that, but what for?

I suspect that 'send' is most used when a specific method name is
unknown until run time, and you want to dynamicaly invoke a method.
However, there's the chance one could inadvertantly call a private
method; adding some protective measures to 'send' would help block this.

Sure it's true that one can always hack around such measures, but the
idea is to raise the bar.  (And I suppose some combinbation of
overriding 'method_added' and inspecting the call stack could be thrown
in to make things harder.)

James