Hi Florian..

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 12:00, Florian Gross wrote:
> Moin!

?? This isn't a greeting I've heard of before...

Anyway, Kia Ora!

> > (c) how invoke "hidden" methods?
>
> Simply send the message a method invocation would produce yourself:
>
> irb(main):003:0> 5.send(:rand)
> => 0.748920713318512

Whoa! So private methods can be called after all???!

Not the end of the world, I guess. After all, Python doesn't support
private methods at all, right? Still a bit odd in my opinion.

Is there any reason why Ruby allows private methods to be invoked like
this? (rather than provide a tidy alternative for problems like mine).

Anyway, you answered all my questions in one swoop - thanks!

Regards,

Simon