On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:29:12 +0900, Gour wrote:
>  Otoh, GNOME2 is free and in active development, so I'm interested is it
>  possible to do some Win32 development under MingW/MSYS environment?

I don't know about Gnome2 in general, but Gtk2 certainly works on
Windows.  There are some remaining bugs, but they are being hammered
out rapidly.  Many Gtk2 projects are now releasing Windows versions
for this very reason (check out http://gaim.sf.net/ for an example of
a reasonably complex UI being ported to Windows via Gtk).

As to whether Ruby/Gtk2 will need porting before Ruby/Gtk2 on Windows
is reasonable, I can't say -- but I can say that it should be possible
to port it in any case.

I can also tell you that Gtk2 support for various character sets is
bar none ... I've had some trouble with XIM (input support for various
Asian languages), but only in corner cases of UI design.  Everything
else I've tried has worked flawlessly and beautifully.

Ethan

--
Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.