ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:

> F> Ok I understand that now, what do I have to do that it does not
> F> happen?
>
>  Well in my case you need to write
>
>    void tt()
>    {
>        char i;
>        VALUE obj;
>
>        obj = rb_str_new2("a string");
>
>        /* call some ruby functions which call the GC */
>
>        i = RSTRING(obj)->ptr[0];
>    }
I have another question related to this, aren't there any functions
provided to inform the GC that a particular object should not be
collected at the moment? As shown I do not know the ins/outs from
Ruby, but I have learned about dealing with a copying GC in Eiffel an
there some features are provided to exclude a particular object from
beein moved. There this function have names with freeze or frozen in
it. Is OBJ_FREEZE supposed to do something simular?

Regards
Friedrich