paul vudmaska wrote:
>>>---------
>
> James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb / seemyemail.com>
>
>>>not manage complete business processes<<
>

> ecmascript is a class oriented general purpose
> scripting language just like Ruby and it is used (a
> lot!) supporting the entire business cycle - just like
> you would with java or language x or ruby. It is just
> not compiled. Witness the use of ECMAScript (as
> opposed to vbscript) with ASP/IIS. We used it in a
> large cororation for moderately large applications
> with great success because of it's simplicity and
> class orientation, which allowed us to protect our
> code. It is 'missing' cool things like interpolation
> and iterators - but it is quite sound, imo, and not
> some 'scripty' thing like you suggest. Much of m$'s
> site is written with this - some of it even works ;).
> Ecmascript if my favorite language on tues,thurs.
> Knock it if you want ;/

I'm not knocking it; I'm aware of it's features, have used it quite a
bit, and I like it a lot.

http://www.jamesbritt.com/index.rb/2003/Sept/23#The_Kewlness_of_JavaScript

But my impression is that, despite Ecmascript's qualities as a language,
it has been surplanted by JSP/Servlets/Java and marginalized (however
unfairly) as a "mere" Web scripting lanaguage.   I can't remember the
last time I saw a job ad mentioning server-side javascript.

As with Ruby and other langauges, once some people have relegated a
language to the scripting ghetto it is hard to get them to see it any
differently.

James Britt