I presented FreeRIDE as OSCON in July, but have not done much on it
since then.  I have taken a break...but that is going to be rectified
soon.  I've gotten a bit distracted with a couple of Ruby projects ...
specifically implementing the Java Debug Wire Protocol in Ruby (
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyjdwp/ cvs only right now) and I
started working on an implementation of the ZeroConf Rendezvous
protocol in Ruby.

One thing that stalled me was my need for a decent lexer/parser of the
Ruby language to use to parse source in the editor.  I started looking
into it, and just got a bit overwhelmed.  My next thing will be to
build a project management layer into FreeRIDE (right now its more of a
file-based multipane editor).

-rich