>>------------

"Chris Morris" <chrismo / clabs.org>The point of contention seems to be whether or not
this is included in
the core language vs. a library, right? How does the
Ruby community as
whole benefit from core inclusion? What's not
satisfying to you about
this solution being contained in a library?
<<------------

My appologies, i guess i was contentious but did not
mean to be.

My point is that that ruby might benefit from an xml
type, it need not be in the core if i were
burdensome/overkill/redundant- but use it much as i
would with rexml just snuggled up to ruby a little
more. So maybe we are not getting much. I hope you
guys dont think that i dont like rexml, its awesome. I
was  thinking more of a promotion.

basically, i saw some other language implementing what
i  think is a cool feature and let you know.

pv