>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>
Pretty much everything you've mentioned here is
possible with REXML
--------------------<<
Except the style. Besides, that was part of my point.

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>
I can't see how hard-wiring XML as a part of Ruby's
syntax
provides much of a benefit at all.  It would be
fashionable (though not
really all that fashionable these days), but barring
that it's just
more
baggage to carry around.
---------<<
It's interesting to me that you would wrap an xml
file(rss) in an object
http://www.chadfowler.com/ruby/rss/
but belittle an offhanded attempt to make inherent
those attributes that you so painstakingly crafted
code for and call the former more baggage. Help me
understand that, Chad!

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>

Interesting in the same way that Lojban is interesting

(http://www.lojban.org). :)
--------------------<<
for you!

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>

Are we playing sports or writing programming
languages?  I didn't know
it
was a competition.  Who are the enemies?  Is anyone on
our team?
--------------------<<

I'm just a simple scriptor making an open ended
suggestion about a language that i enjoy in a forum
that i would hope would encourage such things - even
if they are stupid. What language are you writing,
btw?  Just an analogy, maybe a bad one. Sorry.

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>
more readable?

vs.
["blah", "blah2", "lkjsdf"]
--------------------<<

More readable as in 'more context' not as in more
succinct or fewer letters or anything else.(ie are
those an array of items in a list or just a lot of
blah?)

>>--------
With REXML in the distribution you can already do
this.  Just requires a few more keystrokes.
-----<
Sure but fewer works for me better.

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>
Where
would you rather have coupling?
-----------<<
Where it serves me best. I was merely contemplating
another tool to choose from. I'm not unaware of the
implications.

>>--------
 "Chad Fowler" <chad / chadfowler.com>
No offense intended, but I hope not :)
-----------<<

None taken!

>>--------
"Erik Terpstra" <erik / terpnet.nl>
Last year I made a quick hack that could do something
like that.
I didn't have much experience with Ruby back then, so
it is a quick and
very dirty solution. But the following works:

Thanks Erik i'm going to take a look at this and see
if i can use it! I'm still a newbie and will prob
learn a lot from it in any case.

:P