"Barry Shultz" <barry_sh / hotmail.com> writes:
> Whenever I develop any http server app, my unit tests include a mock http
> client and I use it
> to *really* know what the server (isapi, cgi, servlet) is sending back.  I
> don't see how you could
> reliably measure the server output otherwise.

Yeah, I just want to try and set it up so I don't have to depend on a
webserver being there to run automated tests.  Perhaps if I set up
something with webrick?

The other option I can think of is to redirect the output from the
script into the input on the HTTP client and avoid the HTTP server
altogether.  How do you do it?