I was alerted about me being mentioned on ruby-talk, as I was not
subscribed.  I'm now here!

rucene, although poorly named (suggestions welcome!), is currently a
bit stalled because of Java Lucene work I'm doing.  My eventual goal is
to get the Ruby port to be even more performant than the Java version -
although I suspect this will be difficult to achieve.  What is there
now is just the very lowest level file and RAM I/O API which mirrors
the Java API at that level.  I've tested Ruby writing and Java reading
and vice versa and it worked.  There are lots more layers on top of
this though before its even remotely usable.  I'd love others to join
the project!  I looked at the archives on this thread and saw someone
had made a start at this already - it would be great to merge efforts
somehow.

	Erik

Begin forwarded message: