Austin Ziegler wrote:
> I can think of two things that should be there: #map_with_index and number
> formatting, since they appear every so often. Other examples exist, I am
> sure, but seeing what extensions are listed on the RubyGarden wiki would be
> a good start.

Some suggestions.

_The Ruby Way_ has some odds and ends that might be useful here. Use
them freely if you wish, but I think a comment saying which ones came
from there would be appropriate. Source is in the RAA.

Also, nil_or_empty? comes up from time to time. I sympathize with the
need for it, but I prefer the name null?. These expressions would all
be true:

    nil.null?
    [].null?
    "".null?
    0.null?    # I'm uncertain about this one.

I like the "mapf" idea someone had (map function). Example:
Instead of
   array.map {|x| x.capitalize }
we could do
   array.mapf(:capitalize)

I like having odd? and/or even? methods for numbers, but that's just
me.

Cheers,
Hal