Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>>The aim at the time was to implement a free set of Unix-like tools
>>for Windows (without the heavyweight solution of Cygwin).
>
> There are other (lightweight) solutions anyway: mingw and unixtools.
> I see no point in a Ruby project for this; it doesn't solve any
> problems that I've seen come up on the list.

Of course the main reason for Perl Power Tools, Runix, rpt, etc. would
be only-for-fun hacking (or, in Perl lingo, "hubris"). After all, when
Ruby is available in a platform, wouldn't a C compiler be too?

Also, most of the Unix tools are already established and the
fast-to-prototype-and-change nature of Ruby wouldn't help much here.

--
dave