Hal Fulton wrote: (re: runix)
.

> Finally I decided: It's an interesting and fun activity, but it's not
> a high priority for me. I myself am rapidly moving away from Windows,
> and it's not usually wise to invest in the past.

Then think of it as an investment in the future.  Just as you leave one
OS for another today, you may do the same in the future, even if going
from one flavor of *nix to another.    I've run into assorted iratation
because different 'nix do not implement all utilities quite the same
way.  Whether it be grep with slighly different switches, or some
version of ifconfig, or whatever, it's nice to have a known set of tools
that Do The Right Thing wherever they are.

At worst, if you move to a new platform you may need to tweak the Runix
stuff to accomodate quirks of the OS, but you only need do that once,
then resume using the format most familiar.

James