On Wednesday, 24 September 2003 at 12:30:24 +0900, Bermejo, Rodrigo wrote:

> Paul Brannan wrote:
>

> >  3. I wish he'd mentioned the option of using #!/usr/bin/env ruby
> >     instead of #!/usr/local/bin/ruby.
> >
> advantages ?

I thought someone had already mentioned the advantages.
Basically, you don't need to know the path of ruby.
So, if you are distributing an application, your app
will run no matter where ruby is installed.

There are also options that you can pass to env to
control environment variables.

The main disadvantage is that using env increases
the security risk over a hard coded path.

--
Jim Freeze