At Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:10:02 +0900,
Lyle Johnson <ljohnson / resgen.com> wrote:
>     class MyDerivedClass < MyExtensionModule::MyBaseClass
>         def initialize(one, two)
>             # Base class constructor requires four arguments
>             super(one, two, "Foo", "Bar")
>         end
>     end
>
>  If I try to create an instance of MyDerivedClass:
>
>     thing = MyDerivedClass.new("first argument", "second argument")
>
> I get an error indicating that "new" wants four input arguments instead of
> the two I've provided. It looks like the wrapper code for "MyBaseClass"
> intercepts the call to "new" and never even tries to invoke "initialize".

It's just a flaw in the implementation of SWIG/Ruby.

Invoking "initialize" from extension class was not so common
technique when I wrote that part of SWIG.  So just adding
rb_obj_call_init() may clear up the problem.

If you've already made some fix, I want to apply the patch.
Or I'll fix.

Masaki Fukushima