> So anyone who has that page in their cache is potentially a vector, as
> well as any subscribers to the mailing list or readers of the news
> gateway. (And news has a remarkably large distribution)
>
> Not much for it, and you sort of get used to it after a while

Well, I wasn't used to getting about 81 overnight... Anyway, I apologize
for my original email since apparently the worm also looks for email
addresses on newsservers, so anyone who has the address of a newsgroup
stored on his pc is potentially a vector. This was not mentioned on the
mcafee page, if I knew that I wouldn't have sent that email... I still
figure my recent posts caused the problems, but I guess none of you can
help that :-(

Sorry, such a sudden s***load of viruses made me panic... Not for getting
infected (linux box), but for going down that same road as everyone. Been
pretty spam and virus free before, at least on this email address.

Peter