On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:33:44AM +0900, thierry wilmot wrote:
| First , thanks all for your answers, ruby community is great !
|
|<snip>
|
| Zane Dodson : Ok, I think I have here a beginning of answer. I compile
| my app in debug mode and link it with msvcrt-ruby18.dll compiled in
| release mode. Dependency walker show me that my app mount msvcrtd.dll
| and msvcrt.dll for ruby's dll. I try to compile ruby in debug mode, and
| all seems to work fine. (I not find an easy way to compile ruby dll in
| debug, so I hack makefile.sub)
|
| <snip>

What you state above is consistent with my experience.  You need
everything linked with the same runtime DLL.  This means the
executable and all dependent DLLs.  As I understand it, Microsoft
has provided 3 different libraries, each in 2 varieties (debug and
non-debug), providing 6 different ways to link the C runtime with an
executable or DLL.  If an executable or any of its dependent DLLs is
linked with more than one of these runtime libraries, disaster is
generally the result.

Here is another link you might find helpful on this very confusing
topic.
  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;94248

Best regards,

--