--Uu2n37VG4rOBDVuR

Robert Feldt (feldt / ce.chalmers.se) wrote:

> David Naseby <david.naseby / eonesolutions.com.au> skrev den Fri, 12 Sep 2003
> 08:33:27 +0900:
>
> >I think you might find ruby + borges + madeleine = memory hog. I don't
> >believe it would scale well at all. That being said, its great to play with
> >in toy applications, and another 2 gig of RAM shouldn't cost that much...
> >
> >I've got a toy version of amrita + borges going - I really like the
> >combination, as the major advantages of borges (as I see them) are kept
> >with
> >session and state management, but pages become a lot more flexible with
> >amrita generating them.
> >
> From your experience would you say Madeleine is the mem hog,
> or Borges or Ruby or all of them combined?

Borges can be a memory hog because of the way it keeps track of state
and allows backtracking ... lots of Continuations.  How much of a memory
hog depends upon how much state you save, etc.

> I don't see why in principle we shouldn't be able to
> do this in Ruby; Python has Zope and Plone and they
> seem to be used quite a lot.

Well, with the careful tuning you would be able to get Borges to run
without hogging a ton of memory, but it will still use more memory than
a CGI-based app framework.

All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Uu2n37VG4rOBDVuR

--Uu2n37VG4rOBDVuR--