I tried installing this with the usual:
ruby install.rb config
ruby install.rb setup
ruby install.rb install

I'm on a Windows XP Pro system.
I tried running the install commands under a cygwin shell and a 'cmd' shell.
No Joy.
Any suggestions?

----------------------- here's my config.save file::::
bin-dir=$prefix/bin
site-ruby=$prefix/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8
prefix=c:/ruby
ruby-path=c:/ruby/bin/ruby
make-prog=make
rb-dir=$site-ruby
without-ext=no
ruby-prog=c:/ruby/bin/ruby
site-ruby-common=$prefix/lib/ruby/site_ruby
std-ruby=$prefix/lib/ruby/1.8
data-dir=$prefix/share
so-dir=$prefix/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-msvcrt