I have just finished to convert my ruby embedded app from static ruby
lib (msvcrt-ruby18-static.lib) to dll, and have some problems with
standard stream stdin,stdout,stderr redirection in dll mode. My .exe is
not compile in console mode, but in windows mode.

a well works code in static lib :

	freopen("stdout.txt","w+",stdout);

Does not work in dll mode, cause some unobvious Windows reasons a dll
have it own std streams, and if your freopen() streams in .exe, they
will not be redirected in the msvcrt-ruby18.dll

redisrected $stdout, $stderr in ruby code is not enough. I need to catch
  all backtrace when exceptions occurs.

any ideas ?