Hi,

At Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:53:33 +0900,
dblack / superlink.net wrote:
> > (1) Can the interpolation take place in such literals?
>
> I guess that would have to be done in the actual handler; I don't
> think it should happen automatically.

One thought is, no for %y'' and yes for %y"" and the others.

> > (2) When should the string be processed, while parsing, after
> >     parse, or runtime?
>
> Runtime, I think.  Perhaps it would even have to be - ?  I'm picturing
> that when you did this:
>
>   %x{ string }
>
> string would be passed to a proc associated with %x, and that proc
> (and the association) would have to exist already, created during
> runtime.

This is concerned with the next (3).  If it will be evaluated
just once, it may be better to do it before ordinary execution.

> > (3) If it will be in runtime, is it only once, or each time?
>
> Not sure what you mean; do you mean once per string?

Yes, suppose 'o' option for Regexp.  But as for this point, I'd
like to separate it to another construction, %once{}, @{} or
something else.

# But, I don't get interested in this so much finally, although
# I want eval_once.

--
Nobu Nakada