Hi.

I am not sure how to handle this telnet problem.  Any ideas appreciated.

I am running a telnet command that has a pager enabled (there is no way
not to have the pager enabled).  The output is something like:

  Tue 09-Sep-2003 16:56:01 blah blah
  Tue 09-Sep-2003 16:56:02 foo bar
  --More--('q' to end display)

Except that the '--More-- etc' part is -not- part of the output stream.

So, I try and get around it by setting a specific timeout and catching
the exception.  Except I seem not to be able to get the data.

    begin
	  str = @conn.waitfor('Match' => /\#/,
                         'Timeout' => 15)
	  puts str
    rescue TimeoutError => e
	puts str
	puts "attempting to terminate!!!!"
	@conn.write("q\n")
	@conn.waitfor(/\#/)   { |str| puts str }
    end

(A bit hacked from the real code, however the idea is there.)

--
-mark.