Ged wrote:
> This type of approach is probably good for Python now, at its stage of
> its development.  I'd argue that Ruby is not ready yet for this type
> of pitch.
>
> Eric Sink does a great job of explaining the life cycle of a technical
> product, such as a programming language.
>
> http://software.ericsink.com/Act_Your_Age.html

Interesting, but way too generalized.   It sems to presume that there's
a common, fixed-time formula for all computer-related technology, from
open-source langauges to complex corporate-backed products.

Image *is* important, and if you present yourself as targeting a
particular audience (e.g, pragmatists or early adopters) you may likely
be seen as being only suited for that audience.

James