> I don't think so - I think all the modules are loaded when Apache is
> started, and each child process will have everything in the parent
> process.  In fact, when I put a LoadModule directive inside a
> VirtualHost section, apachectl configtest reported an error.

It didn't have anything to do with IfModules or even Apache. I had a
static constructor method as follows:

def self.run
	@request = CGI.new
	self.new(@request, @request.session(Session_parameters))
end

Can you spot the instance variable reference? That caused a massive
memory leak of a couple of hundred kb on each run.

I wonder why Ruby didn't alert me to the presence of a instance
reference in a static context? Java does that.

/ David