> Also, what other modules are you loading?  Are there some that you can
> remove?

That's what I'm trying to do now. I moved the <IfModule mod_ruby.c>
into the only vhost that uses Ruby, but then it slams me with:

mod_ruby: error in ruby
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/apache/ruby-run.rb:70:in `load':
(SecurityError)
         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/apache/ruby-run.rb:70:in
`handler'

Another thing. Is Apache smart about which processes that deals with
which vhosts? Like, if I specify that mod_ruby is only to run within a
certain vhost will some of the Apache processes be assigned to deal
with that vhost (and hence load the interpreter) while others "go free"?

/ David