--lTw3+qd5b3oLCoRAdOI

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 06:16, Masao Mutoh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:18:53 +0900
> Aredridel <aredridel / nbtsc.org> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone out there using Gtk::TreeModel in a ruby app, and have some
> > code they'd be willing to share?
>
> * Samples: gtk/sample/gtk-demo/, gtk/sample/testgtk/, gtk/sample/misc/treeview.rb

None use TreeModel -- they all use TreeStore, which won't work well for
me.

> If you haven't use GLib::Object#freeze_notify and GLib::Object#thaw_notify yet,
> try them. It may improve the speed.

I will do that.

> BTW,
> Do you build many thousands of nodes at once?
> I think it's not good idea even if you develop it in C.
> If the tree becomes so big, it's better to load the children
> (don't include Grandchildren) when the parent is expanded.

Actually, it's a list interface -- no child nodes at all.  I'm going to
be filtering the list as part of the UI, but there are times the whole
list will be loaded.

> Or, you can use Thread,
> though I don't like to use Thread for this purpose
> because it'll occupy CPU usage.

That's something I'll see when I get there.

--lTw3+qd5b3oLCoRAdOI

0
--lTw3+qd5b3oLCoRAdOI--