On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, 2:42:16 AM, David wrote:

> I've been using the RubyRef extraction from the PickAxe book while
> working on Ruby 1.6.8, but I wonder how much of it is outdated now with
> 1.8.0? In any case, it would be wonderful with a more up-to-date
> version or a comparable alternative. Perhaps even something that could
> be included with the Ruby distribution?

> It's a shame that all those wonderful libraries that are now included
> with Ruby isn't being served with any standard documentation. For
> starters, couldn't the distribution just include all the individual
> documentation packages that these libraries ship with on their own?

> I remember reading about an effort to turn all the documentation from
> the classic libraries  into RDoc. How's that coming along?

There are about 15 files done.  All help appreciated.  More details
(on status) at
   http:///www.rubygarden.org/ruby?DocumentingTheStandardLibraries

I'm considering creating a RubyForge project which distributes the
HTML files generated from RDoc'ing the standard library.  That would
at least be a standard answer to the question "how's that project
going" and also give people a chance to offer feedback - as well as
giving them documentation.

# Just got a few things to do first...

Gavin