I've been using the RubyRef extraction from the PickAxe book while
working on Ruby 1.6.8, but I wonder how much of it is outdated now with
1.8.0? In any case, it would be wonderful with a more up-to-date
version or a comparable alternative. Perhaps even something that could
be included with the Ruby distribution?

It's a shame that all those wonderful libraries that are now included
with Ruby isn't being served with any standard documentation. For
starters, couldn't the distribution just include all the individual
documentation packages that these libraries ship with on their own?

I remember reading about an effort to turn all the documentation from
the classic libraries  into RDoc. How's that coming along?
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.loudthinking.com/ -- Thoughts for free