> > It prints out 'before mainloop', but do not creates its X form, and
> > cannot be interrupted by ctrl-c. Tested with 1.6.8 and 1.8.0. (Anyway,
> > TkVariable::result generates a (catched) error when the tcl variable is
> > an array, that's why the program in my previous posting encountered this
> > problem.)
>
> Sorry. It is a bug on tcltklib.c. I fixed it on CVS.

Why does it work in the win32 version 1.6.8? :-O  It is a bit weird that
this bug didn't bother anybody, since everyone who uses ruby/tk should
run into it, as catching a tcl error is a quite common thing... I cannot
even close any ruby/tk app normally, i.e. it do not stop if I close the
window, but freeze. :(  And IIRC I didn't have such problems a few
months ago... So is it possible that it is a relatively new bug?

I would prefer not to compile ruby for myself as my program should run
on many machines, where I am not an administrator.

Thanks:
Circum

PS: I hope the guys at debian will quickly package the new version...
:))