> I'd suggest CGIKit, filled with little ruby/dbi ,apache &
> mod_ruby/fastCGI for better performance.

Maybe I missed something (I hope so), but the mod_ruby documentation leads me
to  believe that someone attempting to use mod_ruby gives the programmer
access to "a whole bunch of raw apache stuff", but there is not yet a higher
framework that make typical web-request handling trivial.   Writing a CGI
application is trivial, because I can use the CGI module to handle everything
like header parsing and query string decoding.

Please tell me that I missed something and that I can convert my CGI bits into
mod_ruby in just a few minutes.

Thanks
David