> I was using the word to describe people who think that "something can
> make a better world" without giving rational explainations, only based on
> their belive that this will happen. This is religion.

Is that also a standard definition of the word "religious"?  I have never
heard it.  But I think we just showed that I don't necessarily know what
this word means.

So, if I tell you that I have faith in God, but it is based on reasoning
and evidence (archelogy is handy for this), would you say that I am
"religious".

Given this definition of religious, I guess I am not a religous person at
all.  I strongly oppose believing things without any basis.

> So not only R.Stallmann

How does RMS fit this definition?  I'm not defending RMS, I'm just
asking.

> but also, G.W.Bush and his Voodo Priests are
> religious even if they only believe in the Dollar God.

That I agree with, but we probably shouldn't discuss it.  It is flambait.

--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD.  PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
  .-"~~~"-.