It has come to my attention that the word religious can, indeed, be
correctly used in contexts that have nothing to do with God.  The word
"religious" apparently can also be used to mean "strict" or as a reference
to zealous devotion to something.

I was not aware of this alternative definition.  I am sad that it exists
because it casts people of faith in a bad light.  Someone can say that
they are "religious" and mean that they believe that God exists, and the
listener might interpret that they are saying that they are zealous and
strict.  I guess I'll have to avoid using that word.

In any event, I stand corrected.

--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD.  PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
  .-"~~~"-.