On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:30:18 +0900 Dalibor Sramek <dali / insula.cz> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is there any way how to run a non-GUI Ruby script in Windows without the
console
> window shown in the taskbar? I need to install a script to a user who would
get
> distracted by the console window appearing in her taskbar.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dalibor Sramek
>
> --
> Dalibor Sramek  http://www.insula.cz/dali  |  In the eyes of cats,
>                 dalibor.sramek / insula.cz   |  all things belong to cats.

Isn't that what rubyw is for?  I think if you run "rubyw.exe yourscript.rb"
it'll run without a console.  Not sure how you're starting your app -- e.g.
from scheduler just use the above command as the command line to start it.
With user intervention create a shortcut with the above command as the target,
etc.   Either way your script should run without creating a window.