What you could do is...

1. Write a .bat file called "runnme" which has:

start ruby c:\path\to\ruby_script.rb

2. Create a symlink (shortcut, sorry) to the user's desktop.

3. Set the properties of runme.bat to "run-minimised"

That way it would be hidden.

HTH,

-- Thomas Adam

 --- Dalibor Sramek <dali / insula.cz> wrote: > Hi.

> Is there any way how to run a non-GUI Ruby script in Windows without the
> console
> window shown in the taskbar? I need to install a script to a user who
> would get
> distracted by the console window appearing in her taskbar.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dalibor Sramek
>
> --
> Dalibor Sramek  http://www.insula.cz/dali  |  In the eyes of cats,
>                 dalibor.sramek / insula.cz   |  all things belong to cats.

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com