Thanks for your mail. I want to use it for LINUX and Windows
both. For this I am planning to make it in a file and then print
that file. But I need more specific way to do it. I think
"/dev/lp0" will work. But is there anything to make it formatted
with different fonts, color and size?
    I got a book a ruby book "SAMS teach yourself ruby in days"
and after that I am planning to shift in ruby. Basically I am a VB
programmer but I like LINUX and the open source environment. Is
there anything in ruby to make the GUI as simple as in VB? I am
making it in Tk and it is fine but it is taking a lot of time.
    I am in Calcutta(INDIA). I am sure that in calcutta nobody(!)
knows ruby. I am also a student. I want to learn ruby. But there
are no such books in here. But after joining in this list I am
getting confidence. Make ruby popular.
LET US RUBY

Regards,
Sabyasachi Mustafi

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 Scott Thompson wrote :
>>Hello,
>>   I have just started RUBY. But is there anything to print
>>something to the printer through RUBY? Please help me as soon as
>>possible.
>
>Printing to the printer is an operation that is very specific to
>each operating system.  There may be a way to print to the
>printer from the Operating system that you are using, but without
>knowing which OS that is... we can't help you.
>Scott

Law meets Electronics; Veena Weds Sanjay.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match !!
Visit http://rediff.com/matchmaker?1