On Thursday, September 4, 2003, 12:42:04 PM, Scott wrote:

> What that means is that in unit testing the drawing commands, there is
> no way for a class outside of the BezierContour class to make sure that
> the commands were recorded properly short of drawing the path and
> comparing the resulting picture with a previously verified picture
> (ick!)

It might sound icky, but isn't that what unit tests are supposed to
do: verify the output of a class?

If you want to remove the ick, I'd redesign the program to be more
test-friendly.  That's something I've faced in the past, and haven't
really had the opportunity to try out yet.  But it's probably good in
general to prefer test-friendly class design, all else being equal.

Cheers,
Gavin