On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 04:45:15 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 12:30 PM, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Dave Thomas wrote:
>>> have a neater way of flagging the "don't link" attribute).
>> #--rdoc-no-link: this that the_other
>> on a per "paragraph" basis ??
> But that wouldn't work on the example I gave:
> # Class CGI handles requests in a CGI context.

This case could be handled as:

# Class CGI handles requests in a CGI<Common Gateway Interface> context.

In this way, we'd be able to potentially generate acronyms (e.g., <acronym
title="Common Gateway Interface">CGI</acronym>) that look okay in text and
good in HTML. The biggest potential problem is when the acronym expansion
spans a line end.

For the general case, why not reverse the model (or at least make it
possible to reverse the model)? Make it so that there is no automatic
linking? That is:

# Class ::CGI handles requests in a CGI context.

::CGI would be recognised as a top-level constant and turned into a link,
just like #foo would be.

-austin
--
austin ziegler    * austin / halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
                                         * 16.24.56