On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:41:05 +0900
"Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> wrote:

> I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the built-in method Object#display.  It
> is analogous to String#print, and gives the lie to the notion that you
> need to also implement Fixnum#print, Range#print, etc.
>
> Personally I never use it, for all the reasons that have been given, and
> one more: I prefer #puts to #write.

I overlooked that, but ... I'm still sticking by what I wrote above. ;-)

In fact, while I usually define #inspect or #to_s for simple debugging,
I like to keep even the format of things separate from above, in a
sortof MVC-ish design.

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpav / mephle.com>

"Let me tell you, I find your math to be highly suspect." - 8BT