james_b wrote:

> Sean O'Dell wrote:
> "
>

>> So, in my line of thinking: me.eat(food)
>> "Hello world".print to me equates to: food.eat.
>>
>> I eat.  Food doesn't eat.  $stdout prints.  Strings don't print.
>

> Isn't this begging the question?
>
> The argument seems to be, "print has been defined for $stdout, not
> string; since strings don't have 'print', string.print would not be not
> correct."

Well, you *could* define print for string, if you wanted.  I was saying
"you shouldn't", not "it wasn't".

But if you mean that it's redundant, and adding a string.print method to
then call ioobject.print is thumbing one's nose at ioobject's OO design,
then I agree.

Either way, string.print makes me feel icky.

	Sean O'Dell