Ok, maybe i'm gettin closer....I did what you suggest...

<snip src=terminal>
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/ruby
/usr/bin/ruby
Password:
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% whereis ruby
/usr/bin/ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% sudo ln -s /usr/bin/ruby
/usr/local/bin/ruby
ln: /usr/local/bin/ruby: File exists
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% whereis ruby
/usr/bin/ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm%
</snip>

Now when i do a where is, instead of blank, i get the original
location, instead of the new. Then i tried switching arround. Think it
would be neat if it pointed to where the current directory. When i do
a ruby call now will it use the second?

I've been checking out webrick and erb...finally got my first eruby
page.!

Thanks again for your help.

paul