On the Solaris 9 machines, sys/stream.h does include these lines:

typedef struct datab {
        frtn_t          *db_frtnp;
        unsigned char   *db_base;
        unsigned char   *db_lim;
        unsigned char   db_ref;
        unsigned char   db_type;
        unsigned char   db_flags;
        unsigned char   db_struioflag;
        void            *db_cache;      /* kmem cache descriptor */
        struct msgb     *db_mblk;
        void            (*db_free)(struct msgb *, struct datab *);
        void            (*db_lastfree)(struct msgb *, struct datab *);
#ifndef _LP64
        void            *db_pad;        /* unused -- needed for
        alignment */
#endif
        unsigned char   *db_struiobase;
        unsigned char   *db_struiolim;
        unsigned char   *db_struioptr;
        union {
                double enforce_alignment;
                unsigned char data[8];
                unsigned u16:16;        /* used to store hw-calculated
        cksum */
                /*
                 * Union used for future extensions (pointer to data ?).
                 */
        } db_struioun;
        fthdr_t         *db_fthdr;
        ftflw_t         ***db_ftflw;
        uid_t           db_uid;         /* Effective user id */
        /* project ID - EXPERIMENTAL - may change in future release */
        projid_t        db_projid;
} dblk_t;

But I switched to trying to build it on a Solaris 8 machine, and the
/usr/include/sys/stream.h doesn't have that anymore (and it appears it
is built correctly now).

Now the question is: I have it built.  How do I install it (I do not
have root, so I need to know how to install it to somewhere else).

-Kurt