Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Hal Fulton wrote:
>
>> My impression was that he wanted to do it "programmatically" without
>> doing a paste, e.g.,
>>
>>   text = FXfoobarWindowsStuff.clipboard.get      # or whatever
>>   FXfoobarWindowsStuff.clipboard.copy("Hello!")  # "Hello!" into clipbd
>>
>> I've also been interested in this but have never asked.
>

> Oh, OK. Let me do some research and see exactly how that's being done
> and come up with some sample code. I think the *basic* data transfer
> protocol is along the same lines as that described in the FXRuby
> drag-and-drop tutorial, but simplified somewhat.

Well, I hope I didn't misrepresent what the original poster
wanted.

FYI, the app I was thinking of is a simple one -- a cut&paste program
that will allow me to cut on my Windows box and paste on my Linux
box (or vice versa). It's on my to-do list. Could use drb for
communication, shouldn't be hard. Hardest part (as usual) would be
the GUI.

Hal