Steve wrote:

> I'm experimenting with FXRuby, and would like to grab the contents of
> whatever is on the clipboard and put it in a text box.  I'm developing
> on windows, and based on what I've found searching around it seems
> like I might have to do some OLE-integration api calls.
>
> That's a little disappointing - is there a way to access the contents
> of the clipboard in a portable way?

If I understand what you want to do, FXRuby's FXText and FXTextField
widgets already support pasting from the Windows clipboard out of the
box. For example, try starting up one of the FXRuby example programs
with a text field (maybe the splitter.rb example), then cut or copy some
text out of some other Windows application (say, NOTEPAD). Then click in
the FXRuby text field and press Ctrl+V (for paste). Note that you can
also go the other way (using Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X to copy or cut from an
FXRuby text widget onto the Windows clipboard).