> My system seems a litte yest as whereis still does not work. Here is
> the output from terminal, -tcsh
> (*I hear apple is switching to bash- maybe i should?*)

Well... tcsh or bash... you'd still be running the same whereis.

reading the man page for whereis I see:

      The whereis utility checks the standard binary directories for the
speci-
      fied programs, printing out the paths of any it finds.

Since your ruby is not installed in one of the "standard" binary
directories, I suspect whereis can't find it.

You could create a symbolic link in /usr/bin:

sudo ln -s /usr/local/mysql/ruby /usr/bin/ruby

Then whereis would work as you expect it to.

:-)

Scott