Thank you both for your great help - with it i've manage to get ruby
to run from the console and access mysql!

My system seems a litte yest as whereis still does not work. Here is
the output from terminal, -tcsh
(*I hear apple is switching to bash- maybe i should?*)

[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% env PATH=/usr/local/bin which
ruby
env: which: No such file or directory
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% which ruby
/usr/local/bin/ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% whereis ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% which ruby
/usr/local/bin/ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm% whereis ruby
[paul-vudmaskas-Computer:~] paulvudm%

I put /usr/local/bin in my path by editing ~/.tcshrc
Did the source comand followed by the rehash.

At least i know its there, thanks to you!

Paul