Jim Weirich wrote:

>A question regarding this particular example (ie. adding |x|):  If you
>have to add a parameter like this, wouldn't you have to touch the code
>in the do/end block anyways (to take advantage of the x parameter)?

Yeah, I thought of that in the back of my mind while writing that
addition, but I couldn't come up with anything else -- which may simply
mean my point isn't worth anything :)

But, the little AOP stuff I'd seen in the past was that it allowed me to
inject code at the f1..f16 places without having to do *anything* at
those spots. Like -- at the beginning of every method call, log off to a
file the name of the method being called, start a timer, yada yada.

>I would really like someone to work up this example with aspectr so we
>could compare the results in more detail.  Any takers?

Isn't Ruby's profiler lib an example of AOP?

--

Chris
http://clabs.org/blogki